*NEW* CCSSO ELP Standard
- Framework for English Language Proficiency Development Standards Corresponding to the Common Core State Standards and the Next Generation Science Standards
- A Call for Equity and Excellence for English Language Learners in Washington State: Bilingual Education Advisory Committee (BEAC) Position Paper Endorsed August 3, 2011
- Howard, E. R., Sugarman, J., Christian, D., Lindholm-Leary, K. J., & Rogers, D. (2007).
Guiding principles for dual language education
(2nd ed.). Washington, DC: Center for Applied Linguistics.
- Hughes, Craig A. (2009).
The Impact of School Organization and Structure on the Academic Success Mexican Immigrant Students: The Perceptions of Mexican Descent Students.
Journal of Borderland Education, 3(1).
- Thomas, Wayne & Collier, Virginia (September 1, 2002).
A National Study of School Effectiveness for Language Minority Students’ Long-Term Academic Achievement.
Center for Research on Education, Diversity & Excellence. Final Reports. Paper 1_1_final.
- Bomer, Randy, Dworin, Joel E., May, Laura, & Semingson, Peggy (2008)
Miseducating Teachers about the Poor: A Critical Analysis of Ruby Payne’s Claims about Poverty.
Teacher College Record Online.
- Norma Gonzalez, Luis C. Moll, Martha Floyd-Tenery, Anna Rivera, Patricia Rendon, Raquel Gonzales, and Cathy Amanti
Teacher Research on Funds of Knowledge: Learning from Households
(January 1, 1993). Center for Research on Education, Diversity & Excellence. NCRCDSLL Educational Practice Reports. Paper EPR06.
- Collier, C. (2009) RTI for Diverse Learners. Corwin Press: Thousand Oaks CA
- Short, Deborah J. & Echevarria, Jana (1999).
The Sheltered Instruction Observation Protocol
- A Tool for Teacher–Researcher Collaboration and Professional Development.
ERIC Clearinghouse on Languages and Linguistics.
External Research Links
- James Crawford’sLanguage Policy Web Site & Emporium [view]
- Center for Applied Linguistics (CAL) [view]
- Center for Research on Education, Diversity & Excellence (CREDE) [view]
- Dr. Cummins’ ESL and Second Language Learning Web [view]
- Books and Articles by Stephen D Krashen [view]
- The National Clearinghouse for English Language Acquisition [view]
Language and Academic Development
- Cummins, Jim (2001).
The Academic and Political Discourse of Minority Language Education: Claims and Counter-Claims About Reading, Academic Language, Pedagogy, and Assessment as They Relate to Bilingual Children’s Educational Development.
Summary of paper presented at the International Conference on Bilingualism, Bristol, April 20, 2001
Dual Language Resources