Join us in Wenatchee!
At the WABE Fall Institute we’ll explore ways to support our English learners affected by interrupted schooling, trauma, and disabilities with effective social-emotional learning programs and academic strategies. This Institute is open to all with an interest in providing successful pathways for Els with a variety of additional social or academic challenges, both inside and outside of the classroom. Explore the details below, get approved by your district and register for one day or both days.
Early Registration Rates (through June 30)
• Single-Day: $125
• Two-Day: $200
Regular Registration Rate (July 1 – September 13)
• Single-Day: $150
• Two-Day: $250
Week of Registration Rate (September 14 – 21)
• Single-Day: $175
• Two-Day: $300
Friday Morning, Roberto Elizondo:
Roberto has recently been named superintendent at Touchet School District in Walla Walla. He was a migrant worker for over 17 years, followed the migrant circuit in Washington State, and lost his brother to drugs and false hope. He knows the issues we are dealing with first hand – come learn from his critical perspective.
Saturday Morning, The Cuban Guy:
At the age of 16 he escaped from Cuba. He arrived to America not knowing a word of English, without his parents, without any money, and was even homeless for a while. How did he go from living his worst nightmare to living his dream? Join us to find out.
Visit his website for more information.
Workshops have been announced! Visit the WABE App for session details and start planning your time at WABE. Please note: signing up for the app does not register you for the Institute.
The WABE Fall 2019 Call for Proposals is now closed. The CFPs for future WABE events will be available on their respective pages soon.
Meals are not provided at the Institutes. There are many local area restaurants and eateries in the area to visit during the lunch breaks. Click here for more information.
During the Institute:
• Sign-in each day at the Clock Hour table.
• Pick up a Conference Planning Sheet. This will include your on-line access code to claim hours after the conference.
• Track the sessions you attend on the Conference Planning Sheet. (Be sure to keep this form.)
After the Institute:
• Go to the WAESOL website at waesol.org and click on the Clock Hours tab. Proceed to the 2019 WABE Fall Institute link.
• Use the access code received at the conference to access the payment and registration system.
• Fill out the online form and submit.
• Pay online (PayPal or credit card) for the number of clock hours you are requesting.
• WAESOL will verify attendance through the daily sign-in sheets.
• Once verified, official Signed Clock Hour Forms will be mailed to you.
Upon Receipt of Official Clock Hour Form:
• Sign and date the form.
• Make a copy to retain for your records.
• Forward the form to your district HR department according to their procedures. Procedures vary from district to district, so please check with your district regarding their specific process.
Clock Hour Questions
Questions can be directed to WAESOL’s administrative assistant, Jessie Moore at firstname.lastname@example.org
At the Fall Institute, we have 6 booth spaces available. We expect 150 – 200 participants from Washington State. You’ll have time for networking with attendees during the hour before the keynote each morning, during passing times, during our 90-minute networking lunch breaks and you’re also invited to attend workshops for more connection with our audience.
Additional sponsorships include advertising your product on our e-marketing messages to the entire WABE audience (over 4000 participants) and the opportunity to welcome the entire institute audience on Friday or Saturday morning before our keynote begins.
All exhibitor tables are 6′ x 30″ and come with two chairs. Exhibitors are encouraged to join attendees for the General Sessions and workshops for more networking opportunities. For shipment and power information please contact the registrar following registration. Booth locations to be determined on your order of registration.
Click here to book your booth.